For booking inquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
For other reasons:
Caretaker Shannon 0438 664 167
Owner Brett 0416 108 222
Herrmann's Cottage is a classic Australian miner's cottage (circa 1860) set on over half an acre of gardens. It is fully self-contained and completely private. The cottage has recently been carefully redecorated throughout—retaining all the character but with the modern comforts. It features a traditional front verandah with slate paving; inside there are the original timber dado panels and Baltic pine floors. There is a sitting room with a wood fire, three bedrooms, an updated bathroom with an original 'claw-foot bath' and a brick paved courtyard with an outdoor table setting and BBQ.
At Herrmann's Cottage you have exclusive use of the fully self-contained cottage. It's set on over ½ acre of gardens so you get lots of peace and privacy.
- The cottage has three bedrooms, two doubles and a single (all linen, towels etc are provided).
- We also provide some provisions to get you started. Eg tea, coffee, milk, bread, cereal, and perhaps some eggs, juice, a bottle of wine and maybe some chocolates!
- The sitting room has a wood heater, a TV, DVD and CD player (and a small selection of DVDs and CDs).
- The kitchen has an electric cook-top stove and bench-top oven, refrigerator with freezer, a microwave and essential kitchen equipment. The adjoining dining area seats 4 to 6 people. And there's an outdoor brick paved courtyard with a table setting and BBQ.
- The updated bathroom has an original full size claw-foot bath. And there's a separate toilet (inside). Bath towels and essential toiletries are provided.
- The laundry facilities include a front-loading washing machine, dryer, outside clothes line and an iron and full-size ironing board.
- There's a handy carport and other easily accessible on-site car parking.
- The telephone service is available for use by guests. But for outgoing calls, is limited to local calls only.
Come and relax in the peace and tranquillity of Herrmann's Cottage and enjoy the experience of historic Maldon!
History - Herrmann Blum acquired this half acre allotment in the Parish of Maldon by Crown Grant in 1859. He established "a three-roomed weatherboard house with iron roof, two stables and outhouses". Sometime later an extension was added expanding the original cottage from one to three bedrooms.
We are Open 7 Days a week
|Minimum nights stay||1|
|Max number of guests||5|
|Number of Bedrooms||3|
|Number of Bathrooms||1|
|Nightly Cost||From $90 per night (subject to midweek or weekend and duration of stay)|
|Extra Guest Cost||Nill|
|Other Facilities||Barbeque & courtyard area Bedding & linen supplied Provisions for breakfast and other Cooking Facilities Refrigerator Microwave Television CD DVD Video player Movies/Videos Telephone Wood burning slow combustion fireplace Electric oil filled column heaters Electric blankets Washing machine and clothes dryer Iron and Ironing board Lots of outdoor space Under cover parking|
Thanks so much for having us in your cottage, it is gorgeous. My friends and I had a great time.
Ingrid (June '10)
The cottage is brilliant, and everything you have promised. Presentation was excellent, with a nice fire welcoming us.
Daryl (September '09)
Just to let you know we really enjoyed staying at Herrmann's Cottage. Thank you very much guys for giving us opportunity to have such a lovely weekend! I am sure we will be back soon!
Ivan, Natalia, Nick & Dmitry (August '09)
What a perfect Maldon cottage! Thoroughly enjoyed staying here, the peace and leafy gardens a treat.
Elaine & Maddie (January '09)
Perfecto! Thanks for sense of style ~ Love it. Sold my house in Maldon 8 years ago. Missing it madly. We will return.
Lucas, Sunny & Simona (December '08)
The cottage was absolutely delightful, so cute! I especially loved the garden and bathroom. Everything perfect. Thanks for your efforts to make such a nice stay possible, we were lucky to find it!
Natalie, Hayley, Kerriane & Robert (October '08)
Dear Herrmann, your house is lovely. It is particularly good for drinking mulled wine by the fire. Maldon is lovely. I especially loved jumping in puddles
Sarah, Lars, Liz, Bubble, Janye & Hansel (July '08)
What a lovely Easter our family spent together. The cottage was so comfortable. Very relaxing. Thank you.
David, Wendy, Chris & Melissa (Easter '06)
What a fabulous little cottage. Beautifully decorated, quaint & very relaxing – we'll be back!!Andrea, Steve, Una, Gretchen & Luke (Easter '05)